A Day exploring Your Christian Heritage. Marking 400 years since the death of Richard Clyfton, pioneer of ‘nonconformity’
- First leader of the ‘Mayflower’ Pilgrims congregation
- Pastor of Bassetlaw churches at Marnham and Babworth
- One of the first to ‘separate’ from the Church of England
- Leader of the Scrooby congregation
- Effective founder of the Congregational tradition
May 14th (Saturday)
Coach picks up in Worksop at 0915, Retford at 0930.
We invite you on a day out with a difference as we trace and celebrate Clyfton’s life in north Nottinghamshire, commemorating him and hearing the story at the historic churches of Marnham, Babworth and Scrooby. With inputs from Rev Geoffrey Clarke and guided by local author, Adrian Gray.
- Great fun and fellowship
- Learn about your own heritage
- Visit some beautiful places
- Take part in an historic commemoration
The full day out costs £25 including the coach, lunch and a coffee break. Places are limited, so book early!
Reservations: contact Adrian Gray Tel: 07470 366689 or Adriangray@pilgrimsandprophets.co.uk or Rev Geoffrey Clarke at The Crossing, Worksop. Cheques can be made out to ‘Pilgrims & Prophets Christian Heritage Tours’ and sent c/o The Well, Hospital Road, Retford DN22 7BD